NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMISSION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DIRECTOR - GENERAL POSITION
JOB VACANCY AT THE NATIONAL
DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMISSION
The Director-General shall be required to provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the efficient organization, management and delivery of the mandate of the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC).
The Director-General shall be required to perform the underlisted duties and responsibilities.
a) National Development Policy and Planning
- Prepare the national development strategy and policy advice.
- Ensure effective coordination of the decentralized national development planning process.
- Advise the Commission on all matters pertaining to national development policy and strategy including economic, human development, spatial and environmental analysis.
b) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Keep under constant review the performance of policies and strategies and make proposals for revisions based upon sound analysis and projections.
- Ensure effective coordination of the national monitoring and evaluation process.
c) Organizational Leadership
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the resources (human, material and financial) of the Commission
- Prepare and submit the annual budget and work plans of the Commission.
- Prepare and submit annual and other periodic reports to the Commission.
- Ensure the implementation of performance management policy in the Commission.
- Collaborate and build relationships with government, public, private sector, international organizations and other stakeholders in carrying-out the mandate of the Commission.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
a) A PhD from an accredited tertiary institution in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Development Planning, Public Policy, Management, or any related field.
b) A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification administrative and management experience, of which at least five (5) years has been in a position of a Director or analogous grade in academia, public or private reputable organization.
c) Certificates or professional training in the areas of quantitative methods, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project management, leadership, organizational development and performance management will be an added advantage.
d) Evidence of research and publications in reputable journals would be an added advantage.
e) Affiliation/Membership of a relevant professional body would be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
a) Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
b) Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
c) Very good qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills.
d) Negotiating, lobbying and conflict resolution skills.
e) Capacity to inspire and motivate.
f) Extensive knowledge and capacity in formulating and managing national development strategy.
f) Extensive knowledge in financial, procurement, budgeting and auditing regulations.
g) High integrity, confidentiality, firm and fair.
h) Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
a) The preferred applicant must be able to serve an initial term of four (4) years before the statutory retirement age of sixty (60).
b) The appointment may be renewable.
c) Salaries and other conditions are attractive.
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
a) Application letter
b) Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
c) Copies of academic and professional certificates
d) Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution, if profession is regulated by law
e) Vision statement on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper).
f) Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P. O. Box CT633
Or email to:
Closing Date: 12 April 2019